Hello Church Family!
As some of you may know, previously we were able to partner together with Samaritan’s Purse and their outreach program called Operation Christmas Child. However, due to them closing down their Japan branch we were without an outlet to continue this amazing ministry. God in His spectacular providence made a way through our connections with Calvary Chapel Bible Fellowship and Pastor David Hinchey that we might partner together with them and their similar ministry. Last year was the first year we were able to participate and we were richly blessed to not only be able to send gifts, but to also have a couple of us go and hand out the gifts directly to the children! This year, we again have the blessed opportunity to send gifts (shoeboxes) to the same location in the Philippines!
How To Fill A Gift (Shoe Box)
Please read all these instructions before filling the gift!
Pick up an empty plastic shoe box in person from the church or register online to participate. (Registration Form can be found here)
- Fill your gift with a variety of items: See list below for ideas.
- DO NOT INCLUDE the Following Items: Used items, chocolate or other perishables, medicine, liquids, socks, or breakables.
- You may include a photo of yourself or your family along with a note. (DO NOT include your address, phone, or email.)
- Enclose $5.00/￥500 or more in an envelope, and place it in top of the gift to help cover the costs of bringing the gift to the kids.
- DO NOT WRAP the gift, you may decorate it with stickers, ribbon, etc.
- Place a rubber band around the gift to keep it closed.
- Make sure the name label of the person receiving the gift is still visible.
- Please keep the Picture card as a reminder to pray for them.
“So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” – II Corinthians 7-8
Shoe Box Suggestions
- Cotton t-shirts(please be careful about graphics that may offend)
- Cotton elastic waist shorts
- Coloring books and crayons
- Hair accessories
- Jump Ropes
- Stuffed Animals
- Dress up clothes
- Play food/dishes
- Puzzle books
- Card games
These are only suggestions; pray what else might be a blessing to the one receiving the box.